Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Favs

Meet my new favourite books/Meine neuen Lieblingsbücher:



Sarah Wiener's new book is a lovely book of delicious cakes, cookies and desserts. They are not all brand new or unusual, but the book compiles a good many of my favourite cakes and desserts. I have tried several of the recipes and they have all been a success.

Sarah Wieners neues Buch gefällt mir sehr gut. Die Rezepte sind nicht alle neu und außergewöhnlich, vielmehr ist es eine wunderschöne Sammlung von Kuchen, Keksen und Desserts, die bei uns besonders beliebt sind. Ich habe schon mehrere Rezepte ausprobiert und alle sind gut gelungen und waren sehr köstlich.




I love the paintings in this small book (Sara Midda's South of France). The colors are magnificent and inspiring. Having a look at the pages of this book transfers me directly to Southern France. What more can one ask for, but be taken away from grey Berlin to a sunny holiday?

Dieses hübsche Büchlein (Sara Midda's South of France) gefällt mir besonders wegen der wunderschönen Aquarelle. Die Farbzusammenstellungen sind sehr inspirierend und man fühlt sich (fast) nach Südfrankreich versetzt. Was kann man sich mehr wünschen, als mal kurz aus dem Alltag heraus in Urlaubsstimmung zu kommen?



Sure, an MP3 Player is not a book, but a medium you can save books to. Over the past few weeks, I have hardly been able to concentrate on a book in written form. Being normally an avid reader, this means a rather hard time for me. Fortunately, the spoken word is much easier. Thus, I have listened to a number of podcasts (my favs: Knitpicks and The Book Review) and audiobooks lately. My latest audiobook is Middlemarch by George Eliott - what a splendid novel!

Natürlich ist ein MP3 Player nicht direkt ein Buch, sondern ein Medium, auf dem sich neben Musik und podcasts auch Bücher speichern lassen. In den vergangenen Wochen konnte ich mich schwer auf das geschriebene Wort konzentrieren, das gesprochene geht besser. Derzeit höre ich Middlemarch von George Eliott, welch ein herrliches Buch. Außerdem höre ich viele podcasts - insbesondere meine Lieblingspodcasts: Knitpicks und Book Review.

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Middlemarch is one of my most favorite books ever. George Eliot is as great a genius as Dickens! I'm a little envious of the experience of reading it for the first time.