Friday, September 12, 2008

Holidays



This year, during our summer holidays, we spent three weeks in Tübingen visiting family and friends. One of the highlights was to meet our new nephew, who is the cutest baby.

Während unseres Tübingenaufenthalts haben wir nicht nur Freunde und Familie gesehen (das süßeste Baby der Welt war natürlich der Höhepunkt), sondern ich hatte auch Gelegenheit für Wolleinkäufe:

However, I also found time to go on some stash enhancement excursions (bringing me farther away from my ideal drawer-size stash).

At Traub , I finally bought a swift (how could I do without one for so long?) and some lovely Alpaca.


Traub: Eine Spindel und Alpaca nenne ich nun mein eigen.
Opal was on holidays until the final week, but I hauled in these:
Opal war zwar im Urlaub bis zur letzten Woche, aber es gelang mir dann doch noch diese Knäuel zu ergattern.


And I drove by Rüfers Wollmarket almost every day, so finally one day when I was on my own, I stopped and bought all these:
Und nachdem ich fast täglich an Rüfers Wollmarkt vorbeifuhr, mußte ich irgendwann anhalten und diese Wolle mit nach Hause tragen:


Bye the way, although this is a yarn discounter the sales person was very competent! Even has a subscription of Knits and Vogue herself - and knew what I was talking about!!!

Übrigens, obwohl das ein Discounter ist, war die Verkäuferin sehr kompetent. Sie hat selbst ein Vogue und Knits Abo und wußte worüber ich rede!!! Eindeutig eine Strickerin.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

drool!!! I love your new yarn and that swift is great-I finally bought a ball winder, a swift is the next step for me. I love that pink and green sock yarn-yum.
I hope to see you soon,
Kim