Thursday, September 25, 2008

SP 12 question of the week

I have missed a couple of SP questions, so here we go:

If you were told you could never again buy yarn, would would your last yarn purchase be?

I would buy Quiviut, poshyarn, Socks that Rock, Wollmeise and all the atelier zitron stock of my LYS. (Oh, and can I order knitpicks yarns and some more of the ones I brought back from London?) ;-)

If you were told you could never knit again, what would be the last thing you’d knit??

An Afghan on 2.5 mm needles that would last 20 years to finish. ;-)

In a given year, how many times do you buy yarn?

I suppose approx. 6 times.

And what is your favorite place to buy yarn from? A festival? A shop? Online? Dish your favorite places!!

My favorite places are: London - either I Knit day or Ally Pally, my LYS Wollkontor and Wollmeise.

Lastly, with Fall in full swing in many areas, what is the one thing you look forward to most?

I look forward to afternoons with tea, knitting and a good book as well as soups. I just love creamy, hot autumn soups.

I’m sure most of us have a proudest moment when it comes to knitting. A project or technique that you’ve tackled and completed beautifully. What is your proudest knitting moment??

Finishing a lace shawl, blocking it and it turns out beautifully.

My proudest finished projects so far are my Carpathian Roses Cardigan and the Snakeskin sweater. Their fit is perfect.

And on the flip side? What is the one thing that you can’t get right? What is that one project that you’ve never been able to complete? Or that you did complete but then hid away instantly because it was too embarrassing?

Sewing is dreadful. I am never satisfied with it.

The most dreadful project was a cardigan that I knit from a different yarn than given in the pattern without swatching. I kept going until I was finished and all that was left was some embroidery. Then my husband - despairing about my stubborness - tried it on and I had to face that it was way too huge. I frogged it. The yarn is still in my stash.

What is the best thing you've ever received in the mail/post?

Every new SP or other swap parcel. Every parcel from my dear friends.
Really, I couldn't pick a single one - as they are all so gorgeous.

What Olympic event would best describe you knitting/knitting style?

I have no clue.

No comments: