Monday, August 17, 2009

Maple leaf shrug - Cristiana


This picture was taken in Denmark during our Easter vacation. Since I am not totally satisfied with it, I have postponed blogging this wonderful scarf. However, my husband has been so busy the past few months that we never got around taking another picture. So here it is, the terrific Maple Leaf Shrug by Cristiana Brenna. It won the Renaissance Dyeing Competition last year and I love it for its originality. The leaves are easy to knit, but make such a difference.

As you can see, instead of doing a striped version, I just knit up one skein of Wollmeise for the body of the scarf. The leaves were done in Wollmeise Bob. Go check out this pattern, it is fun to knit and wear.

Dieses Foto wurde schon während unseres Osterurlaubes in Dänemark gemacht. Da ich aber nicht ganz zufrieden damit bin, habe ich das bloggen immer aufgeschoben. Leider ist aber mein Hausphotograph seit Monaten so schwer beschäftigt, dass es nie zu einer neuen Aufnahme kam. Jetzt will ich euch nicht länger meine Variante des tollen Maple Leaf Shrugs von Cristiana Brenna vorenthalten. Sie hat damit im vergangenen Jahr den Wettbewerb bei Renaissance Dyeing gewonnen. Ich mag ihn sehr wegen der Orginalität der aufgenähten Blätter.

Meiner ist aus einem Knäuel Wollmeise entstanden, die Blätter sind aus einem Rest Wollmeise Bob. Eine sehr leuchtende Kombination, aber man will im Herbst auf'm Fahrrad ja auch gesehen werden...

1 comment:

Knitaly said...

Liebe Sabine, what a surprise!

Your version of my scarf is so amazing, leaves are a beauty to see!

I will wait for your pictures on Ravelry so I can link them to the pattern.

I wish you a nice summer and all the best!

Baci
Cristiana