Thursday, March 18, 2010

Skater


My son was in need of a new sweater and the skater sweater from Mason Dixon's second knitting book hat been long on my wish-to-knit list. I had bought the yarn decades ago in a sale by Tutto, the producers of Opal. The yarn is indigo-dyed and the color comes off horribly while knitting. However, the result is just gorgeous - and I will certainly knit another sweater for my little darling from it.

Since, both my son and I are opposed to seams and hand sewing, I did not follow the intriguing construction of the original sweater, but instead transformed it into a standard raglan and only took over the ridges pattern. It is a real cool sweater which looks perfect on him.
Mein Sohn brauchte mal wieder einen neuen Pulli und der Skater aus dem zweiten Mason Dixon Buch war schon lange auf meiner Liste. Ebenso schlummerte das Jeansgarn schon Jahrzehnte in meinem Vorrat vor sich hin. Das Garn fällt wunderbar, allerdings färbt die Indigofärbung beim Stricken ganz fürchterlich ab. Da das Ergebnis aber so umwerfend ist, werde ich sicher aus den verbleibenden Knäueln noch weitere Pullis stricken. Da mein Sohn keine Nähte mag und ich nicht gern von Hand zusammennähe, habe ich den raffinierten Orginalschnitt mit der Naht quer über der Brust in einen normalen Raglan geändert und nur die "Striche" übernommen. Das Ergebnis ist ein richtig cooler Pulli.


Pattern/Anleitung: Sk8r,Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines
Needle size/Nadelstärke: 3,5 mm
Yarn/Wolle: Indigo-dyed Cotton, discontinued long ago
Sweater weighs: 250 g

No comments: