Tuesday, October 19, 2010

London


This September, I went again to London for I Knit. We spent the Friday browsing the stalls, knitting, chatting and taking part in a couple of price raffles. (I won two balls of fyberspates yarn and a copy of Selvedge's Quilt issue). Here are my purchases. The wonderful wonderful Haapsalu Shawl book, two shawl patterns and Habu yarn to knit one as well as Atelier Zitron laceyarn. Yea, I have been seriously affected by a lace shawl fever.

On Saturday, we went to Mrs Moon, which is such a lovely yarn store. I wish I could go there more often. It has a very kind atmosphere. It is a bit off, but Richmond is very nice and has a lovely cinema, too! Moreover, you can go and have dinner at Wagamama.



Im September war ich wieder mal in London für I Knit. Den Freitag haben wir damit zugebracht die Stände gründlich zu inspizieren, dazwischen ein wenig zu stricken und bei einigen Preisverlosungen mitzumachen. (Meine Gewinne: 2 x fyberspates Wolle und eine Ausgabe von Selvedge).

Das hier sind meine Einkäufe: Das wunderschöne Haapsalu Shawl Buch, noch zwei Tuchanleitungen und Habu-Wolle für ein Tuch! Ja ja, ich bin im Lace-Shawl Fieber.
Am Samstag waren wir bei Mrs Moon. Das ist ein sehr schöner Wolladen mit einer sehr netten Besitzerin. Richmond ist zwar etwas "off", aber wenn man vorher nach Kew Gardens geht und hinterher noch in das feine Kino und zu Wagamama, hat man einen sehr schönen Tag gehabt.


The Jawoll yarn has accidentally made its way into this picture, I brought that one to London. The Malabrigo and the ball next to it, are not purchases, but birthday presents I received in London.

Der Knäuel Jawoll gehört nicht zu den Einkäufen, den habe ich schon mitgebracht), ebensowenig der Strang Malabrigo und der Strang rechts daneben. Das sind Geburtstagsgeschenke, die ich in London erhielt.

No comments: