Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Books

At the end of last month we flew to Cologne for the wedding of my husband's youngest sister. She was such a beautiful bride and we had a great time. I enjoyed it very much to meet all of my husband's family, because I have the best sisters and brothers in law one can imagine. They are all such lovely people, and I miss them very much throughout the year in Berlin.

Ende Mai flogen wir nach Köln zur Hochzeit einer Schwester meines Mannes. Sie war eine zauberhafte Braut und es war ein tolles Fest. Ich genoß es vor allem meine Schwäger und Schwägerinnen zu treffen, die ich während des Jahres in Berlin sehr vermisse, da sie so liebenswerte und phantastische Menschen sind.

One of my sisters has an M.A. in Japanese and earlier this year she met a friend in Japan and bought these treasures for me (I bet you no longer doubt that I have the best in laws imaginable :-)):

Eine meiner angeheirateten Schwestern hat einen M.A. in Japanolgie und mir von ihrem letzten Besuch in Japan diese Schätze mitgebracht (;-) noch Zweifel daran, dass ich die beste Schwägerin der Welt habe?):




The pattern book is even better than I expected from what I had seen on the net. And the Fair Isle book is by the desinger who wrote New Heirloom, a master of his art.

Das Musterbuch ist noch besser, als ich nach allem was ich im www gesehen habe, gedacht habe.
Das Fair Isle Buch ist vom Meister-Designer, der auch schon das Heirloom Buch geschrieben hat.


These cuties will help me to understand Japanese knitting and crocheting symbols. There are crochet stitches in that orange book, I didn't know before (I am not a great crocheter, only very basic knowledge).

Diese zwei süßen Büchlein helfen mir in Zukunft Strick- und Häkelschriften zu entziffern. Für mich rudimentär Häklerin hält das Orange noch eine ganze Menge neuer Häkelmaschen bereit.

I found these two mags at the station in Cologne and couldn't resist, although the baby mag will only be used for dear in-laws and friends. ;-)

Und am Bahnhof in Köln fand ich dann noch diese zwei Zeitschriften, denen ich nicht widerstehen konnte. Obgleich das Babyheft nur für liebe Schwägerinnen und Freunde zum Einsatz kommen wird. ;-)



No comments: