Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tre Archi


This cardigan has been finished for a long time. It is the Tre Archi sweater from Louisa Harding's Venezia. I converted it into a cardigan and knit it in Lana Grossa Royal Tweed. I love the color of the yarn, but have once more been disappointed by this brand.

My swatch was perfect and I then knit the cardigan on a circular back and fronts at the same time. When I finished the cardigan and tried it on, it was far too huge! I checked gauge and it had gone totally off in the knitted garment. (Instead of my 18 swatch sts I only had 13 sts on 4"!!!). Well since I did not notice it before - all sts crammed onto the circular - and it is no fun to rip this yarn, I came up with this assymetrical button line. It keeps the cardigan in shape and the double layer makes it very warm. I am well protected against the wind now!

Diese Jacke ist schon eine ganze Zeit lang fertig. Es ist der Tre Archi Pullover aus Louisa Hardings Venezia. Ich habe das Modell allerdings als Jacke gestrickt. Verwendet habe ich Lana Grossa Royal Tweed. Die Farbe gefällt mir sehr gut, ansonsten hat Lana Grossa mal wieder enttäuscht.

Meine Mapro war exakt wie in der Anleitung angegeben: 18 M x 24 R auf 10 x 10 cm. Als ich allerdings mit dem Modell fertig war, waren es nur noch 13 M auf 10 cm im gestrickten Stück!!! Das habe ich leider vorher nicht überprüft und nicht bemerkt, da ich Vorder- und Rückenteile auf einer Nadel hatte. Es macht nicht wirklich Spaß diese Wolle wieder aufzuziehen und ich hatte auch keine Lust das Modell noch mal zu stricken. Daher habe ich sie durch einen asymmetrische Knopfleiste in Form gebracht. Die doppelte Lage vorne hält gut warm und windgeschützt bin ich auch. :D

3 comments:

joannamauselina said...

That was very clever of you. It looks great. I had gauge trouble on my current Japanese sweater too, but fortunately I discovered it when I had only one sleeve done.

Mascha said...

Gerade die schräge Knopfleiste ist mir als erstes als hübsches "Designelement" aufgefallen. Glückwunsch also zu dieser gelungenen Korrektur.
lg Andrea

Ulrike said...

Super Lösung. Aber ärgerlich ist es doch!
Die Farbe steht dir ausgezeichnet.