Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alpenglühen


My first pair of socks from the book I got for Christmas has been finished last week. These are called "Alpenglühen" - although I cannot see the relation. When I had a closer look at the patterns in the book, I was quite shocked as most of them are worked with a cast on of 70+ sts. For a plain pair, I usually cast on 56 sts!

I followed the instructions for the cuff, but then used my preferred short row heel and reduced the sole sts to 30 (Total of 65 sts). It fits around the foot now, but the leg part is a bit sloopy. Since I have knit these socks with 2.25 mm dpns already, going down in needle size is no opiton to make the socks narrower. I shall have to redesign the patterns for my measurements. Apart from this, I still like the patterns in the book very much.



Das erste Paar Socken aus meinem Weihnachtsbuch ist fertig und ich freue mich darüber. Beim genaueren Durchsehen der Anleitungen war ich zunächst ziemlich schockiert, da meistens 70+ Maschen angeschlagen werden!!! Normalerweise schlage ich für glatt rechts Socken nur 56 M an. Ich habe die Beinpartie nach Anleitung gestrickt, danach aber die Sohlenmaschen auf 30 M reduziert (65 M gesamt). Außerdem eine Ferse mit verkürzten Reihen gearbeitet, da diese mir besser paßt als die Käppchenferse.

Insgesamt bin ich mit dem Ergebnis zufrieden, nur die Beinpartie wird im Laufe des Tages etwas rutschig... Da werde ich wohl die anderen Muster für meine Bedürfnisse "umdesignen" müssen.




Pattern/Anleitung:


Needle size/Nadelstärke: 2.25 mm
Yarn/Wolle: Lang Jawoll sockyarn, 2 balls
socks weigh: 74 gr

1 comment:

joannamauselina said...

Those are extremely attractive. Too bad about the poor fit.